Let's be honest. Let's be real. Most businesses in the Central Florida marketplace are flat-out disappointing. When interacting with these companies, I'm often forced to settle or accept substandard service, products, and workmanship. Regardless, rarely am I left satisfied.
Companies do try, but they fail miserably. Maybe it's a defective product. Maybe it's just bad customer service or maybe it's because what was promised was not delivered. It's always something.
Then, when I speak up, some employee gives me a crazed look followed by, "I'm just doing what I'm told," "That's just the way it is," and "That's the best I can do."
What I have come to realize is creating a happy customer can be a monumental task for most companies. The question is why? The answer is simple. A company is only as good as its owners and his or her core beliefs’. So that's why, it's fair to ask any owner or his or her employees’ what exactly those beliefs are…
Do ask, because the type of experience a customer has with a company is determined before it even begins. Here are my core beliefs:
- "If it's to be, it's up to me." I firmly believe creating a happy fence customer is more important than the selling of a good or a service.
- "Just do the right thing." I firmly believe doing the right thing can outperform a bad economy or the latest fad. So when decisions are made within my company, they are based on what's right and not on the bottom line.
- "Do it right the first time, or just don't bother." I firmly believe the end result of anything is a direct reflection of my character. As a result, when I do something, it is all or nothing. Anything less is unacceptable!
- "If you make a mistake, own it." I firmly believe the only way to succeed in life and in business is to make mistakes. The key is to understand the nature of the mistake, own it, fix it, and never make it twice.
- "Don't just be good. Be the best." I do not believe in mediocrity. Once I set out to accomplish a goal, I give it everything. Second place just isn't good enough.
- "Do what you say, say what you mean, or don't open your mouth." I firmly believe you are only as good as your word!
- "Be honest at all times." I firmly believe the truth is not always pleasant to hear, but telling the truth will gain a person's respect in the end.
These are my core beliefs; I hold them dear. Most importantly, I expect everyone within my organization to honor them, to love them, and to respect them. Should you ever interact with anyone from my organization and you witness otherwise, please let me know, and I will pull the weed from the garden.
Just send me an email. It will come straight to my iPhone: Kip.HudaKoz@me.com